Scope of This Policy
Type of Information We Collect
We do not display Personal Information without your permission. You should be aware, however, that when you voluntarily display or distribute Personal Information (such as your e-mail address), that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from or other uses by third parties, for which Draper and Kramer is not responsible.
We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: Personal Information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the Site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect Personal Information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of Personal Information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are: your name; address; e-mail address; telephone number; credit card number; contact information; billing information; and information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so.
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, interests and favorites.
Draper and Kramer also collects, or logs, certain other information that cannot identify you personally when you visit our Site. This information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and your domain name. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by the ISP computer through which you access the web and a domain name is the name of the ISP computer itself through which you access the web. Draper and Kramer logs these IP addresses and domain names and aggregates them for system administration and to monitor the use of our Site. We use the aggregated information to measure the number of visits to our Site, the average time spent on our Site, the number of pages viewed, and various other site use statistics. This monitoring helps us evaluate how our Site is used and continuously improve the content we provide.
Offline Collection from You
Information Collected from Other Sources
How Information is Used
Draper and Kramer may collect Personal Information from you at various places and through various mechanisms on the Site. This may include, for example: when you fill out and submit forms (such as forms requesting information needed to consider you for apartment rentals or potential employment opportunities); when you initiate payments to us through the Site; when you participate in promotions, contests, or sweepstakes on the Site; when you post to any interactive forum, bulletin board or chat room that we may make available on the Site; when you register for e-mail communications; and when you submit a survey response, question or request to the Site using a form or the e-mail address links on the Site. If you give us permission, we may also use that information to make you aware of additional products and services of Draper and Kramer or trusted third parties with whom we have alliances which may be of interest to you, or to contact you regarding site changes.
We use the information we gather on the Site for the purposes of providing our services, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the Site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer. The information we gather on any Site may be shared within the Draper and Kramer group of companies on a worldwide basis, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence, in order to deliver these products and services.
By registering with Draper and Kramer, by managing your profile, or expressly opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways: to allow you to create an account; to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us; to contact you about Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates; to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters; to inform you of other products or services available from Draper and Kramer or its affiliates; to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you; to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners; to provide information about you and your potential interest in applying for an apartment, condo, corporate housing, or employment; to provide products and services that enable users to network, and post information on bulletin boards; to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and to provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
Information you post in public areas of the Site will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence. By providing your Personal Information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While Draper and Kramer takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, DRAPER AND KRAMER does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Sites. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to any Site.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties your Personal Information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below.
- We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. Examples include third parties who assist in hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in countries whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your Personal Information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Sites with Draper and Kramer’s clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites.
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we may supply your contact information to select third parties such as data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because Draper and Kramer is a U.S. company and information collected on our Sites is stored in whole or in part in the United States, your information will be transferred to the United States and become subject to U.S. law. By using the Site, you consent to this transfer.
- We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of Draper and Kramer’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Draper and Kramer becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Draper and Kramer or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites. In addition, when a potential buyer is interested in purchasing one of our properties, we may provide the potential buyer with information about the property and the tenants who live there, which may include your Personal Information. Upon the sale of the property in which you live, all of your Personal Information may be transferred to the purchaser.
- If you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion.
Again, in each of these situations, the recipients of your data may potentially be located in any country in the world. If you are a resident in any EU member state, for example, you must be aware that the EU authorities do not generally consider that the regulations of non-EU countries ensure an adequate or equivalent level of protection as compared to the EU data protection regulations.
Posting Your Information to Public Areas of Draper and Kramer
Please remember that if you post any of your Personal Information in public areas of Draper and Kramer, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom Draper and Kramer has no control. We cannot control the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of Draper and Kramer.
You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile, and make the necessary changes. Before providing you with a copy of your Personal Information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the Personal Information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Draper and Kramer if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
Please note that in accordance with our routine corporate record keeping practices, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Information. We are under no obligation to store such information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such information.
If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please click here to contact us. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your Personal Information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as Draper and Kramer reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. We will retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information about you and keep an archival copy of this information in an anonymous form. If your Personal Information was previously accessed by others using our Sites, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your User ID and password) are kept confidential.
Draper and Kramer has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. Please consider this prior to submitting your Personal Information to us via the Site.
In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under 13 years of age must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian before providing Personal Information as described above. Draper and Kramer will not knowingly receive Personal Information from children under 13 years of age who have not received prior parental consent. Any Personal Information from a child stored by Draper and Kramer will be deleted upon written request from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Deletion requests should be addressed to:
Draper and Kramer, Incorporated
55 East Monroe St, Suite 3900
Chicago, IL 60603
Draper and Kramer uses “cookies” to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is either stored in your computer’s memory temporarily or placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We may also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are visiting our Sites. Because your Web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Draper and Kramer has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. Draper and Kramer encourages you to review the policies of such advertisers.
We may allow third party cookies as part of online advertising campaigns to determine and track site traffic landing from Draper and Kramer’s advertising banners that have been placed on the websites of third parties. The data collected via these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission.
Draper and Kramer provides users the opportunity to opt-out of or discontinue receiving communications from Draper and Kramer. If you do not desire to continue receiving communications from Draper and Kramer, please send your request to opt out to Draper and Kramer at email@example.com. It may be necessary to contact affiliates, business partners or other third parties directly in order to cease receiving communications from those third parties.
Third Party Interaction
As a user of Draper and Kramer, you may interact with, purchase goods and/or services, or participate in promotions of advertisers, members, partners, or sponsors showing their goods and/or services on the Site. Unless otherwise stated, any such interaction, purchase or promotion, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and/or services, and any other term, condition, warranty or representation associated with such correspondence, purchase or promotion, is solely between you and the applicable third party. You agree that Draper and Kramer, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such interaction, purchase or promotion between you and any such third party.
Legal and Contact Information
Draper and Kramer, Incorporated
55 East Monroe St, Suite 3900
Chicago, IL 60603
Your data is submitted to Draper and Kramer and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States owned and maintained by Draper and Kramer Incorporated.